Wednesday 13 June 2012

For the Love of the French (bulldog that is)

The moment I met my boy

So I have had M. Remus Lupin [or just Lupin] for about a year and a half now. And while I have always suspected that something was off with him from your typical Frenchie, I have just come to terms with it this past week. My French boy.... is really from Boston - that is he is a French bulldog X Boston terrier aka Frostons, Frenchtons, Faux Frenchbo (My brother will be thrilled since he's a huge Boston Redsocks fan). The evidence to prove it?



- size: 23 lbs - on the low end of the range for 
Frenchies, high end of Bostons
itty bitty little Lupin


- stature: tall and lean, but broad across the chest - 
height from the Bostons, chest from Frenchie
Long and lean playful machine


- ears: curled back when he was a puppy - a la Boston


There are those little flippy-back ears!
- face: undoubtedly wrinkly and adorable - Frenchie

Look at all those wrinkles! Who couldn't love those?


- teeth: itty bitty gremlin teeth - Boston smiles
not typical Frenchie monster fangs


- bark: unimaginable "talking" and whining - VERY Frenchie
BUT alert & protective bark - hello Boston


- energy: oh. so. hyper. jumps and bounces when he 
walks, and jumps about 4.5 feet high- Boston. No doubt
He can jump on barstools... part cat maybe?


- personality: stubborn, mum suck, playful clown - 
Frenchie & Boston from what I have heard

 
Doesn't that look just say "I didn't do it... I don't know what you're talking about"


- separation anxiety: howling and whining. for 6 hours.
Oh and pushing the bathroom door open, but only when
 I'm in there - I don't care which one this is, it sucks sometimes
He is my #1 man, and goes everywhere with me


- brains: I know everyone says their dog is smart, but
Lupin knows sit, down, stay, shake paw, lay, give me 10,
"bang bang"-this-is-a-stick-up or sit pretty, treat on nose
and he is manipulative - ummm... human? 

Likes to sleep on the granite when it's hot because he knows its cold


Well, regardless of what my little guy is, I absolutely love him and wouldn't change any of his mannerisms (except maybe the separation anxiety - 6 hours of crying on the first night. Come on!) As a matter of fact, he is such a unique and fun dog, I just might get a sister for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment